MMP is seeking a Business Intelligence Specialist to join our team. In this role, the BI Specialist will plan and direct analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze inventory control, distribution, cost analysis, finance, marketing, human resources, and other business functions in order to develop new or modified information reporting systems.
- Consult with business unit management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures.
- Extract data from business systems into reports and other systems.
Design, document, and test logical and physical data models optimized for operational and analytical reporting
- Propose long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Act as advocate for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional business partners
Track and document changes to functional and business specifications.
Contact software and hardware vendors to request service.
Assist in writing and/or revising user training manuals, procedures, knowledgebase articles, self-support articles and tech tips.
- Create or assist others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects.
Complete and verify data backups and data integrity.
Monitor, verify and ensure stable SQL Server environments
Assist with taking calls and resolving issues in a help desk environment.
Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in computer-related field is preferred. 2 years related experience required, 5 years of experience is preferred.
Language Skills: Must be able to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, safety rules, procedure manuals, business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak with and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to groups of customers, managers, clients, employees of the organization, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram format.
Computer Skills: Must be familiar with accounting software, database software, Internet software, inventory software, order processing systems, project management software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
Knowledge of data warehouse concepts including: data modeling, data quality, reporting, analytics, and visualization.
Knowledge of MS SQL Server, T-SQL, and VB.Net or C#.net
Experience with MS SQL Server Analysis Services, Integration Services, Crystal Reports
Experience with Global Shop ERP distribution and warehouse management systems or similar ERP Experience,
Physical Demands: Must frequently sit, use hands, talk, and hear. Must regularly stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and balance. Must occasionally climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
Mitchell Metal Products is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer