This role provides servicing, maintenance, and repair of our dies to ensure availability for production as required. Work in a flexible manner to achieve maximum productivity.
- Complete tooling records detailing all servicing and repair work completed.
- Ensure work area is maintained in a safe and clean condition to MMP standards.
- Work as a team player and use your own initiative to problem solve and think critically adjusting schedules and reacting to changes in resources.
- Develop the skills to become proficient in producing progressive dies from provided drawings through final fit and assembly, according to Tool Room procedures.
- Work seamlessly with the Tool Team and other work areas to collaboratively insure a timely and quality part is produced supporting our vision, “Excellence from Start to Finish”.
SKILLS WE EXPECT:
- Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to perform precision machining operations to include machining centers, precision grinding, manual mill, and EDM.
- Performs critical bench and assembly operations to fit, calibrate, adjust, assemble and finish work.
- Programming experience Solid Works, Master Cam, and running Mitsubishi wire machines a plus.
- Follow detailed designs producing all dies, including progressive tools, compound, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance on all machines as required.
- Assumes responsibility for quality workmanship and dimensional accuracy of assigned work.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards and self-motivated.
- Follow and comply with all safety, work policies, and regulations.
- Honesty, Integrity, Attention to detail, excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Journeyman’s card preferred. Otherwise, we will provide the opportunity for the right person to earn an apprenticeship.
Candidates must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, have good attendance and previous work experience. • Physically able to perform work. • Lifting requirements of at least 50 lbs. • Ambitious and eager. • Professional and willing to help. • Be able to handle tasks to superior levels without supervision. • Enjoy taking on multiple different tasks throughout the day.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical effort required in walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and lifting over 50 lbs., while performing shop and miscellaneous cleaning.
Mitchell Metal Products is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer