Seeking a self-directed reliable person to assist in the manufacturing processes in our facility. This person will be reliable with excellent attendance and dedication to monitor smooth operation to our quality specifications and tolerances in support of on time deliveries. We are looking for a committed team member to achieve our business’s growth vision. We will create a flexible schedule respecting academia.
- Create flats for laser cutting from customer prints.
- Apply cutting technology to flat drawings.
- Nesting of laser flat parts.
- Run machining times.
- Complete production or assembly tasks as needed to achieve KPI goals.
- Optimize production efficiency as needed to achieve KPI goals.
- Identify minor repairs and reporting breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Assist and support continuous improvement initiatives for MMP as a world-class manufacturer.
- Keeping production output aligned to quality standards.
- Maintaining a safe and 6S work environment.
- Collaborating with Leads and Supervisors to complete production orders on time.
Skills we expect:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Solidworks and AutoCAD Knowledge.
- Knowledge of material properties a plus but not required.
- Sales and quoting experience a plus but not required.
- Customer service skills.
- General computer skill (word, excel, email).
- Possess a positive attitude and be a team player aligned toward a common goal.
- Great attendance and efforts resulting in the manufacturing of high-quality products.
- Genuine interest to grow within MMP and open to our continued training commitment to stay current with our business innovation initiatives.
- Candidates must be sixteen (16) years of age or older, have good attendance. Previous work experience a plus but not required.
- Physically able to perform work.
- Physical effort required in walking, standing, bending, kneeling, and climbing pushing, pulling, and lifting over 50 lbs.
- Ambitious and eager.
- Must be able to work in a professional manner with co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Be able to handle tasks to superior levels without supervision.
- Enjoy taking on multiple different tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to take on additional items if needed in other work areas.
Mitchell Metal Products is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer