Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Mitchell Metal Products is looking for a Safety and Environmental Coordinator to join our team. This person will be responsible for planning and implementing a safe work culture and ensuring compliance with all OSHA and environmental regulations. Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Plan and implement OSHA compliant policies and procedures in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR Parts 1910 and 1926 Regulations.
- Assume the main contact role and responsibilities in partnership with Wiscon.
- Lead Supervisory expectations for our safety culture.
- Prepare safety events, training, and maintain the safety program.
- Manage documentation of all near misses, incidents, and proper safety documentation and administer audit forms.
- Update monthly KPI reports and share with senior leadership critical concerns and improvements.
- Conduct employee onboarding and refreshers for all employees.
- Conduct monthly risk assessments and enforce preventative measures.
- Oversee workplace repair, installations or other work that could harm employees.
- Ensure safe designated pedestrian paths with appropriate floor markings and railings.
- Daily walkthrough audits in both facilities promoting compliance with rules and regulations.
RECOMMENDED SKILL SET:
- Experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role, OSHA 30 trained and knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR Parts 1910 and 1926.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) in 29 CFR 1910.1200, and GSA in FED-STD-313.
- Prefer a Bachelor degree in Safety Management, Environmental Compliance, or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and procedures.
- Experience in writing policies and procedures for health and safety.
- Proficient in Office, OSHA website, Wiscon, data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Exceptional time management, organizational and communication skills.
Candidates must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, have good attendance history and previous work experience. • Physically able to perform work. • Lifting requirements of at least 50 lbs. • Be able to handle tasks without supervision. • Enjoy taking on multiple different tasks throughout the day. • Ability to take on additional items if needed. Positive attitude and team player.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical effort required in walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and lifting over 50 lbs., while performing shop and miscellaneous cleaning. Must be able to work in a professional manner with co-workers, vendors and customers. If you are a hardworking, dedicated individual, apply today on-line or stop at our location to complete an application.
Mitchell Metal Products is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer