MMP is seeking a full time first shift production welder. Work in a flexible manner to achieve maximum productivity.
- Perform welding &/or soldering operation as per job specification requirements.
- Build jigs and fixtures where needed, milling & grinding, and operate cutting torch.
- Ensure work area is maintained in a safe and clean condition to MMP standards.
- Work as a team player and use your own initiative to problem solve and think critically adjusting schedules and reacting to changes in resources.
- Work seamlessly with your team and other work areas to collaboratively insure a timely and quality part is produced supporting our vision, “Excellence from Start to Finish”.
SKILLS WE EXPECT:
- Ability to read blueprint and willing to work overtime as needed Fridays.
- Experience and skill in welding: Mig, Tig, Wirefeed, and stickwelding
- Experience and skill in brazing, soldering, and cutting torch operation.
- Experience and familiarity in welding a variety of metals, steel CR & HR, stainless steel, tool steel, aluminum, cast iron.
- Perform routine maintenance on all machines as required.
- Assumes responsibility for quality workmanship and accuracy of assigned work.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards and self-motivated.
- Follow and comply with all safety, work policies, and regulations.
- Honesty, Integrity, Attention to detail, excellent planning and organizational skills.
Candidates must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, have good attendance and previous work experience. • Physically able to perform work. • Lifting requirements of at least 50 lbs. • Ambitious and eager. • Professional and willing to help. • Be able to handle tasks to superior levels without supervision. • Enjoy taking on multiple different tasks throughout the day.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical effort required in walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and lifting over 50 lbs., while performing shop and miscellaneous cleaning.
Mitchell Metal Products is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer